Friday, January 11, 2013

Write. Be. - Encouragement

Write. Be.

What gives you encouragement to keep writing?

I write because I enjoy telling stories, dreaming up ideas, creating worlds, building characters, and spinning words. But when things get tough - when finishing something seems so difficult - when I begin to think I will never be published - that is not enough.

Recently I told my mother about my current work in progress. She loved the idea and got really excited about it. That got me excited about it again and I can't wait to start working on it again. So that is one thing that encourages me - the excitement of my supporters.

But if I don't act on that renewed vigor to write right away - it fades. So currently I am in search of the things that make me want to write and keep me writing.

What keeps you writing?


1 comment:

  1. Encouragement from supports is an awesome way to get re-jazzed about writing! I also get energy and inspiration from discovering new stories (books, songs, shows) that carry me away with their imagination. They make me want to sit down and keep creating my own worlds, too!

    ReplyDelete