Monday, October 15, 2012

Wisdom From a Writing Conference: Kevin's Elevan

Kevin J. Anderson spoke on 11 tips for increasing productivity at the LDSStoryMakers Conference.

What I Learned:

There are three essential elements to being a productive writer:
1. Write
2. Keep Writing
3. Find what works for you

How I Plan to Apply It:

I have always wanted to have a writing schedule and to write everyday. But that has never really fit into my life. So what I plan to do is try to write every day, at different times, in different situations and so on - until I strike on the best environment for me to write in. Then I will build my schedule around that.

Also, Kevin talked about the first draft requiring momentum. I am going to try to avoid doing things that would slow down my momentum when I am writing the first draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment