Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Prompt Tuesday #45

Every Tuesday I post a writing prompt and my response. It gives me a chance to exercise my writing muscles outside of my WIP, and hopefully inspire you to write. So enjoy my flash fiction piece and post your own in the comments!

Prompt

Source: Build Creative Writing Ideas, #9

"Imagine a world in which many different alien races are acquainted with each other and all of them live on a giant space station together. What is your role on this station and how does the interaction go for you?"

Response

I stared at the pile of small white bundles that filled the center of the room. "How long as the second laundry been down?" I asked the tall slim girl standing next to me. Sali, I think her name was.

"Three days," Sali replied.

I bit my lip. The back log of work to be done was not bad considering the length of the down time.

"Alright, let's get to work. You start at that end and I'll start over here," I said.

"Should we sort by washing medium, or species?"

"Washing medium. There will be fewer piles."

No comments:

Post a Comment