Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Prompt Tuesday #41

Every Tuesday I post a writing prompt and my response. It gives me a chance to exercise my writing muscles outside of my WIP, and hopefully inspire you to write. So enjoy my flash fiction piece and post your own in the comments!

Prompt

Finding prompts is hard. I try to find a verity from different sources and it takes time for me to locate good ones. Today I stumbled on a prompt generator which was really fun. Here are a few of the prompts I found there:
Source: Prompt Generator

"I found the strangest thing in my pocket."

Response

"I found the strangest thing in my pocket," she looked up at me and smiled. "I think it reminded me of something." She paused and twisted one of her fingers in a clump of her dark hair. "I don't remember what it was now."

"It's okay," I soothed when I noticed her becoming agitated. "Everyone forgets."

"I think it was important," she pressed. "If only I could remember where I put it." She glanced around the room, her eyes darting from one place to the other.

I placed my hand on her knee. "Maybe it is in your pocket."

She nodded and dipped her slender hand into the pocket of her dress. When she withdrew her hand it held a small silver chain with six letters strung on it.

"Here it is!" she declared, holding up the necklace.

"Well that explains it." I smiled. "See, the necklace says 'Sarah' - it probably reminded you of your name."


P.S. Just noticed this did not post yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment