Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Three Words #41

One of my favorite writing games is something I call three words. I post three words and encourage you to write a flash fiction piece containing those three words. If you would like to challenge me – post three words for me and next week I will post a piece of flash fiction using your words. Enjoy!

Three Words

  • Harsh
  • Branch
  • Wind

Flash Fiction

Using the three words: Quintet, Cursive, and Adjustment (from last week.)

Marribell made and adjustment to the image on the screen. The blue lines traced on an orange background resembled the jumbled combined forms of cursive letters. She studied the screen again and then pulled the image over to sit with a set of three other images forming a complete quintet.

"Play," Marribell told the computer.

A swell of exotic music flooded the room. Marribell closed her eyes, listening intently to each note, each cord of her composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment