Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Three Words #42

One of my favorite writing games is something I call three words. I post three words and encourage you to write a flash fiction piece containing those three words. If you would like to challenge me – post three words for me and next week I will post a piece of flash fiction using your words. Enjoy!

Three Words

  • Black
  • Bowl
  • Blame

Flash Fiction

Using the three words: Harsh, Branch, and Wind (from last week.)

A harsh wind tore through the valley. The tall grass bent over so far they almost touched the ground. Maya moved as quickly as the the approaching storm would allow. She held her cloak tightly around her in a vain attempt to keep out the cold.

Finally she found refuge in the trees of the forest. Here the wind's angry howl lessened a little, though the branches of the trees creaked and moaned under its influence.

Maya chanced a quick look over her shoulder and instantly regretted it. The shadows were coming for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment