Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Prompt Tuesday #42

Every Tuesday I post a writing prompt and my response. It gives me a chance to exercise my writing muscles outside of my WIP, and hopefully inspire you to write. So enjoy my flash fiction piece and post your own in the comments!

Prompt

Finding prompts is hard. I try to find a verity from different sources and it takes time for me to locate good ones. Today I stumbled on a prompt generator which was really fun. Here are a few of the prompts I found there:
Source: Prompt Generator

Choose your favorite season. Name the season and explain why it is your favorite.

Response

Fall is my favorite season. I love the smells, the colors, the cooler weather. I have never really like hot weather. Probably because I spent most of my life in the north where it is cold, very cold.

My favorite part of fall is the changing of the leaves on the trees. Go figure I have never really cared for evergreen trees. Something about the hill side covered with red, yellow and orange leaves - like it is on fire - makes me happy.

Fall is when nature is preparing to sleep, to rest for the winter until everything begins again. It is an end to one season and the start of another. Maybe that is why I like it so much. Because it is an ending the promises a new beginning if we are just patient and wait for the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment