Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Three Words #40

One of my favorite writing games is something I call three words. I post three words and encourage you to write a flash fiction piece containing those three words. If you would like to challenge me – post three words for me and next week I will post a piece of flash fiction using your words. Enjoy!

Three Words

  • Quintet
  • Cursive
  • Adjustment

Flash Fiction

Using the three words: Ellipse, Intergalactic, and Render (from two weeks ago.)

Sayni watched the small dot circle the screen in an ellipse. Round and round, slower and slower. "Info," Sayni said, in a bored tone.

A mechanical voice sounded from the console. "The Medella is a Horan ship carrying a delegation of intergalactic politicians locked in a debate over the formation of treaty. These negotiations take place in a specially designed auditorium that takes up a third of the total size of the ship."

"Show me," Sayni said. She yawned and watched as the computer rendered a subsection of the ship. Her eyes glossed over the image. Folding her arms she rested her head against them and drifted off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment