Warning: Sappiness ahead!
So... I have been feeling a little down this week. It might have something to do with the fact that I just got back from an amazing vacation in Texas, and I am really missing it.
So yesterday I thought - I should blog about how awesome I am!
I normally don't usually praise myself. But here are a few amazing things about myself.
- Just had my mid year review at my day job - and got no negative feed back. Score!
- I finally finished my query letter for Shadowed Stones. Yea!
- I started tackling the outline for Shadowed Stones. And although I am a little overwhelmed by it - I am pushing forward.
- I decided to cut my 5 book series to 3 books for Three of Ivory - because I think it will give the series more impact.
- I have amazing friends! (Stay tuned for tomorrows post because I got an award and will be passing it on to some of these friends!)
- I have read two books this month and am trying to read 4 more.
So yes I am amazing! But you know what - there is something else. After going to the monthly meeting of my local writers group. I realized something important. When I am feeling down thinking of how amazing I am does not lift my spirits as much as thinking of how amazing the people I know are.
My writers group is amazing. They make me feel so.... welcome. Like I belong. That is a BIG deal for me. My family moved about every 2 years when I grew up. So I never really felt like I belong anywhere - except for my family and with my husband. So fitting into a group and belonging is huge for me.
Not only that! But I have a great group of followers here on my blog. Connecting with all of you has really helped me realize my worth as a writer. Thank you so much for your support!
So now I have a request. Check out the other people that follow me, and the other authors in my local writers group and see just how amazing they are!
Thanks for letting me be sappy for a bit! It has been that kind of week for me. What kind of week are you having? Tell me how you, or someone you know is amazing - I would love to hear it!
P.S. Want to join my blog roll? Just leave a comment!