Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Prompt Tuesday #29

Every Tuesday I post a writing prompt and my response. It gives me a chance to exercise my writing muscles outside of my WIP, and hopefully inspire you to write. So enjoy my flash fiction piece and post your own in the comments!

Prompt

Source: The Writer's Idea Book: Third prompt on page 47.

Brainstorm a list, beginning each entry with the words "I am a..." Don't stop yourself during this brainstorm, even if you feel the word or phrase that comes to mind is silly or just plain wrong.

Response

I am a writer.
I am a woman.
I am a Mormon.
I am a Red.
I am a Person.
I am a Friend.
I am a person who is trying to improve herself.
I am a person who has made mistakes.
I am a person who tries to listen.
I am a computer programmer.
I am a sister.
I am a daughter.
I am a wife to an incredible man who loves and supports me in everything I do.
I am a daughter of God.
I am a leaf blowing in the wind.
I am a lost traveler on an unknown road.
I am hurting.
I am frustrated.
I am a dreamer.
I am a believer.
I am a figment of your imagination.
I am a Jedi.
I am a reader.
I am a mind reader... not!
I am.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!! ;D Love all the positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! A leaf blowing in the wind and a traveler on an unknown road... beautifully said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Wily and Krista - thanks! It was a lot of fun to do this prompt. I might do it more often.

    ReplyDelete