Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Three Words #30

One of my favorite writing games is something I call three words. I post three words and encourage you to write a flash fiction piece containing those three words. If you would like to challenge me – post three words for me and next week I will post a piece of flash fiction using your words. Enjoy!

Three Words

  • Hall
  • Wool
  • Stone

Flash Fiction

Using the three words: Dine, Sky, and Arch(from last week)

Sarah looked up at the sky as she passed under the arch. The Attendants' ships were hovering just above the city. Large dark clouds that blocked out the stars.

"Ready?" Scott asked.

Sarah drew her eyes away from the sky to look at her brother. "To wine and dine a delegation of Attendants? No."

Scott laughed. "Think of it as furthering the cause of Earth."

It was Sarah's turn to laugh. "If we really wanted to further the cause of Earth, our purpose tonight would be completely different."

They exchanged a knowing look, and then displaying their best smiles, entered the restaurant.

4 comments:

  1. I like the imagery in the first sentence! Nice job. Now I need to know what that 'knowing look' holds for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too enjoyed the imagery of the first sentence, it was fantastic! Another three words for you: frog, table, swing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica. And thanks for the words. The wheels in my head are already turning.

      Delete