Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Three Words #36

One of my favorite writing games is something I call three words. I post three words and encourage you to write a flash fiction piece containing those three words. If you would like to challenge me – post three words for me and next week I will post a piece of flash fiction using your words. Enjoy!

Three Words

  • Eagle
  • Errand
  • Error

Flash Fiction

Using the three words: Dye, Drum, and Door(from last week.)

Melissa rubbed at the purple dye on her hands. No matter how hard she tried the color would not fade. She glanced over her shoulder and the dress hanging near by. The once yellow fabric now matched the stains on her fingers.

What was she doing? The stains would give her away. No royal born would have dye on her fingers. Plus, with it matching the dress they would know she was a servant girl.

A knock came to the door. Melissa ran to the door and opened it a crack.

Kip stood in the hall. "Are you ready?" he asked urgently.

Melissa shook her head and held out one of her hands. Kip took it in his. "My mother taught me a trick for getting dye off your fingers. Come with me."

Kip pulled her from the room. As they hurried down the hall to the servants washroom the echo of drum beats reached them.

"It's starting!" Melissa said in horror.

"We have time!" Kip insisted and set to work cleaning her fingers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Krista :o)

    Just stopping by to let you know I tagged you in a meme on my blog :o)

    p.s. loved your flash fiction! I want to know what happens next, lol! Well done :o)

    ReplyDelete