Now, on to my goals:
- Minor Characters Identified and Characters Sheets filled out for them by Oct. 21st - I have the minor characters identified but I don't have their sheets filled out yet. In my writers group last night I learned that I should not get hung up on the minor details. So I am going to try one more time to name the minor characters - and then move on. I can fill out their sheets later.
- Characterization scene for each MC written (and critiqued?) by Nov. 4th - Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
- Detailed outline for first book by Nov. 11th - I have a rough outline of the series - and a slightly less than rough outline for the first book. And I got a start on a chapter-by-chapter outline already. So I am still on track for this.
- Begin writing first draft by Nov. 1th. - Wow! I am so close to this. Not sure if I am still on track or not. Here is hoping :)
Shadowed Stones editing notes - Yep - I fell behind again. But I plan to catch up this weekend. I have a critique group meeting next Thursday - so I need to get on it.
- Re-read one book every month. Than review it on Goodreads. - I haven't started reading for this yet. But it is going in my backpack for the ride to work tomorrow.
- Read one new (to me) book ever month. Review on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes and Nobel. - I finished reading Destruction from Twins. But I haven't reviewed it yet. I will give you a sneak peak - I had a hard time getting through this book. There was potential and the fictional world was intriguing. But... well let's just say I am trying to find a way to say I did not like it - without being rude. I may only review it on Goodreads.
Review/Critique 10 paged a week. - I slacked on critiquing this week. I thought maybe I could get credit for doing extra last week :) But again my critique group is meeting on Thursday so this will be a focus for this weekend too.
Not an awe inspiring report I know. But I am not completely stalled - which is an improvement.
Now I have a question for you. What is your biggest block to writing? Is it finding time, come up with ideas? What keeps you from putting your pen to paper?