Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Three Words #18

One of my favorite writing games is something I call three words. I post three words and encourage you to write a flash fiction piece containing those three words. If you would like to challenge me – post three words for me and next week I will post a piece of flash fiction using your words. Enjoy!

Three Words

  • Blow
  • Rod
  • Angle

Flash Fiction

Using the three words: Red, Shelf, and Bond (from last week)
Red sand tainted the wind and stung my eyes. Carefully I leaned over, trying to see what lay below the shelf of rock I sat on. It was no use. All I could see was swirling streams of red sand. I leaned back and closed my eyes. When my eyelids did not provide enough protection I threw my arm over them. Trying to ignore the relentless howling of the wind, I dug deep within myself. I searched for the glowing string that was my bond to Myrin. I had to find him, had to call him to me. It was my only chance.

2 comments:

  1. To those of you who left me words last week - I will post again today with them. Sorry this week has been crazy for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems hard to do, but best of luck:)

    ReplyDelete