Here is an update on how I am doing on my goals.
Writing: Three of Ivory, a fantasy series
- I got stuck trying to come up with names for my secondary characters. In my writers group we talked about not getting stuck on little things. So I moved on. I plan to fill in details for these characters as I go.
- I have written one characterization scene for one of my MCs. Then got stuck - after talking with my critique group and doing some thinking on the way into work today - I have worked out the block and am on track to finish them by the 4th.
- I have already finished the chapter by chapter/scene by scene outline for the first book. Way ahead of schedule! I allowed more room for flexibility with this outline because I wanted to see how it worked for me.
- I haven't started my first draft yet - but I am on track to have it started by the 14th of November. Yea!
- So far I have been able to keep up with the critique notes for all my crit partners.
- I still want to wait until all my crit partners are done reading it before I do my final edit. However, I did go through and do some mass edits because I did not like having hang over my head.
- I re-wrote my query letter (thanks to some great advice from Mindy) and plan to do one more revision. I also need an outline which is what I am going to focus on getting done next.
- Still a little nervous about taking the plunge into the query process - but I am starting to feel more confident.
- I finished reading Destruction from Twins and posted my critique on Goodreads, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble.
- I am about half way through The Black Cauldron.
- I have actually been doing pretty good with my critique pages. I am often over my goal - which is a great feeling. I thought about adjusting the goal but I don't want to make myself feel any more overwhelmed then I already do.