Monday, July 18, 2011

This Weeks Winner Is...

It is time for me to announce this weeks winner of The Mighty Pen award:

Sarah Pearson


To see the winning entry and the honorable mentions check out the tab above. I liked her entry because it was funny and I have a soft spot for fantasy themes!

Sarah has a great blog called Empty White Pages. One of my favorite things that she does on her blog is called musical stories. I haven't had a chance to do one yet but I am trying to carve out some time in my busy schedule to do it. Here's how it works: she posts a lists of songs, then you write a story that follows each song in sequence. It is really cool, I think you need to go check it out.

Honorable Mentions

P.S. Sorry this post is so late, I was still deliberating up until the very last second. Sigh, judging is so difficult!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Krista, that's brilliant.

    Just need to clarify something. All I do is pick three songs whose lyrics I think tell a story to suit the genre of the week. I'm afraid there's no storytelling involved, but I think it's an AWESOME idea, and you should use it :)

    Thank you again for picking me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, every time I read your musical stories - I totally think I should write a story based on these songs. Just got caught in my head. I love that you do that by the way. It is so inspiring!

    Some day I will write a story based on the songs and post it on my blog. I will be sure to let you know when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you really should try that, and of course let me know. Then I could link it and you could inspire everyone :)

    ReplyDelete