Monday, August 15, 2011

Awards, Awards, Everywhere!

Today I am giving away lost of awards! First I am glad to announce the winner of The Mighty Pen award...

Fida


Fida is an amazing and uplifting poet. She has a wonderful poetry blog over at A Poet Named Fida.

Fida's entry was a poem, I liked her unique approach to using the prompt. Also, I totally identified with the theme and sentiment of the poem.

There were so many wonderful entries it made choosing a winner hard. So, I decided to create another award for Honorable Mentions. If you are a current or previous Honorable Mention in the The Mighty Pen Contest go ahead and grab the award below.

Honorable Mentions (past and present): Jen, The Henderson Family, Sarah Pearson, Krista M, Fida I, Spod, Summer Ross, Kelley, David Jace

Don't forget to check out The Mighty Pen tab above to read the winning entry and the honorable mentions. Sorry you will have to scroll to the bottom - this page is currently undergoing renovations :)

I have also receive and award of my own, the Blog on Fire Award from the Wonderful Cherie at Ready. Write. Go.. Yeah!

So here are a few random things about myself, and those I am awarding this blog award to!

  • I was home-schooled.
  • I got engaged to my husband two weeks after our first date.
  • I am the second oldest of 7 children.
  • I love cartoony pictures of baby elephants and giraffes.
  • In middle school I went through and Anime phase in which I loved Sailor Moon.
  • I have lived in 8 different states.
  • The only country outside the U.S. I have ever been to is Canada.

I am passing this award along to the following amazing bloggers!

  1. Elana Johnson
  2. Ava Jae
  3. Chasing Empty Pavement
  4. Sarah Pearson
  5. Krista M

5 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks Krista! And congratulations everyone else! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is only my second time doing this, and I'm glad you think I'm an amazing poet!

    Thanks so much, Krista!!

    Fida :))((:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that poem. Hopefully, I'll have time to take part this week. Not sure I could top that though !

    Thanks so much for the award Krista :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay thanks Krista! I loved learning new things about you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two weeks after you met, wow. I feel like there is a good story behind this. :) And thank you! I'm honored for the honorable mention and award. :)

    ReplyDelete