As promised (although late - its a long story that involves a flat tire and waiting for a tow truck) here are my goals. I plan to put up meters on my blog to track my progress.
Because of the state my projects are in, these are going to be general deadline type goals until I can get to a point where I can set finer, weekly goals.
Writing: Three of Ivory, a fantasy series
- 1. Complete world building and overview series outline by end of August.
- 2. Complete character related pre-work (work sheets and so on) by end of September.
- 3. Complete detailed outline of the first book by the end of October.
- 4. Begin first draft in October.
Publishing: Shadowed Stones, a fantasy novel
- 1. Research 10 publishers a week.
- 2. Finish researching publishers by August 20th (no more research after this date!)
- 3. Have a detailed submission plan by the end of August.
- 4. Send out first submission by the end of September.
- 5. Keep up with beta reader edits - finish last round of edits by end of year.
Reading: I have two goals with my reading. First, re-read some of my all time favorites (and review them on good reads). Second, help support other authors that are either new and upcoming, indie or self published, or who I meet or hear about through the electronic grape vine.
- 1. Read one book from my to-re-read list every month.
- 2. Read one book from a new upcoming/indie/web sphere author every month.