Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Prompt Tuesday #6

Every Tuesday I post a writing prompt and my response. I would love to see your responses in the comments! I enjoy doing writing prompts because it has this wonderful way of sparking ideas that can be used later. I also like to use prompt responses to try out different voices, points of view, and tenses. Here is this weeks prompt and flash fiction piece.

Prompt

Write from the point of view of a spoon in the dishwasher. (Source: CreativeWritingPrompts.com #302)

Response

Urg! How did I end up in the same basket as all the forks! They have such pointy heads. Haven’t they ever heard of Axe? Come on, really? Sigh. At least there are no knives around. They are two sharp to be any good at conversation.

Ouch! Watch where you are going stupid plate! I’m standing here. Plates, they think because they are so big they can just push people around. Phh!

Oh good, the light’s have gone out. That means it will be starting soon. I can’t wait to get this dried on milk and cereal out of my hair and off my face. Hasn’t anyone heard of rinsing there dishes? Hello! It’s called a pre-wash.

Ah, that hot water and soap feels good. It will be nice to shine again!

7 comments:

  1. Darn knives...and who do the plates think they are?!? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you both enjoyed it. This one was really fun to write :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I think the spoon get's neglected a lot. She isn't as cool as the fork or knife. They gang up on her constantly. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spoons are definitely under appreciated! Especially since we use them to eat thr best things. Like ice cream and pudding :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I can definitely imagine it would not be that fun to be a spoon. I might have to treat my spoons better now. :)

    ReplyDelete